Sunday 12 April 2015

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

For my planning and research stages, media technologies were an important part of organising and presenting my work.

Prezi is a type of Web 2.0 Presentation software used for storytelling and presenting products for research. This was an important for my planning and research because it meant I could focus one topic within a confined slideshow - it is also easy to use and easy to know what you are reading due to the left and right arrows, taking you forward or backwards throughout the presentation. It allows the user to zoom in and out of different aspects and also allows to upload pictures and videos from Youtube. This was useful for evaluating my audience feedback as I could present my video response for my music video alongside my analysis. Also, for earlier stages when constructing a timeline of music videos, I was able to attach YouTube clips which gave examples of what I was talking about in the presentation.

For creating my final Music Video product I used Adobe Premiere Pro which enabled me to edit my video to create my final product. This non-linear piece of editing software makes sure you can put together the film you initially envisioned. It is compatible with every type of film and for my DSLR camera, I was able to create a high definition picture, which in turn, made it a lot more professional. Also, (as I have previously evaluated) the effects I was able to use were of high standard yet simple to use. I felt the programme 'Final Cut Pro' was a lot easier to use and felt more amateurish than Premiere. Therefore, Adobe Photoshop and Premiere worked well together to achieve my final products.

Photoshop was one of the main media technologies I used when creating my ancillary texts. This enabled me to change colours of my photos, edit the way they looked, abolish blemishes and simply create my final still products. Being able to crop, paste and contort different images made sure that my products could look like existing ones and therefore following conventions via being able to incorporate text and logos such as the record label and serial codes. It was also useful for editing the Amazon and iTunes website to make it look like my product was being sold and filed. This showed that my products would look right in the real life industry.

Sites such as Photosnack, Polyvore and Pictalous were also used for the smaller more visual aspects of my blog. Photosnack was primarily used to present screenshots for my audience feedback, so it was easier to flick through the pictures. I used Polyvore to determine Lottie's outfit and what it would look like collaborated together and I finally used Pictalous for my ancillary-text development as it made me aware of lots of different colour schemes that would give me and either fussy or minimalistic look - this also helped me decide what colours to incorporate in my Google mock-up design and productionwhich further helped me develop both my Digipak and my Magazine Adverts.



This is My Final Music Video Product
                                                     
                                 

As you can see, this is my final finished product for my A2 Media Studies Coursework project. As you can see, I have incorporated Lottie within the music video as a almost flashback-type technique. This has worked well as it breaks up the heavy under-water pieces of footage. For my second editing process I had to get rid of a lot of underwater footage to evenly or appropriately add the shots of Lottie. This took time and effort because I had to learn how to use Premiere pro on my own as I had not taken any courses or been shown how to use it before. Therefore, the slideshare that prevails explains a little bit of my continuous process (the process in which I primarily used for every clip).

How I used Premiere Pro to create my final product
                                            


MY DIGIPAK AND HOW I CREATED IT
How I created it with Photoshop

My already established skills with Photoshop came to use when I was taking a 2-week placement at Hull College in the Photography department. They taught me basic skills such as how to use the quick select tool, the spot healing tool and also the dodge and burn tools. These simple tools enabled me to edit photos so they looked more or less professional. However, my on-going course at Wyke for two yeas and the consistent use of Photoshop has enabled me to me a lot more experimental with Photoshop and have seemingly self-taught myself more uses.

This slideshare outlines the main factors of compacting my photos for my Digipak, but also how I created some of the effects shown throughout the package.

                                            

I also in-putted my product into mainstream advertising. This would be how it looked if it was advertised on Amazon, iTunes or a Billboard:

Photoshop was also used when editing these photos into different real-sale contexts. This tested my skills when using different layers techniques and also cutting and cropping pictures to fit the size of the rest of the albums (as shown in the iTunes layout).

By learning how to determine what text tools have been used and also being able to colour swatch as shown in my Amazon layout, rubbing out other information to input mine (Erin Miller Drown). This is a simple yet effective skill which can be applied to any product, whether that be editing a photo or creating products such as Digipaks and CDs. This means that if I wanted to apply for a job within the industry, my sills within Photoshop would be of assistance.




For these Magazine edits, I had to learn how the Transform tool worked which meant I could visually contort the pictures to make them look like they were meant to be there already. This thus proves that my Photoshop skills have definitely improved as the below photos look like real magazines.




I did this on Photoshop so I could see what my ancillary texts would look like in the real industry and see if they looked professional enough to be stationed within the industry. therefore, the use of Photoshop as a media technology helped me create a fake scenario. Which in turn, if I was creating a product for a real client, things such as iTunes and Amazon would be used to promote my products. This therefore ensures my product for my A2 Advanced Portfolio is of the highest standard and could look like it belongs in a real-life production. 

No comments:

Post a Comment